10 Bit Analog To Digital Converter AD571
Description Of 10 Bit Analog To Digital Converter AD571
The AD571 is an 10-bit successive approximation A/D converter consisting of a DAC, voltage reference, clock, comparator, successive approximation register and output buffers—all fabricated on a single chip. No external components are required to perform a full accuracy 10-bit conversion in 40 ms. Operating on supplies of +5 V to +15 V and –15 V, the AD571 will accepts analog inputs of 0 V to +10 V unipolar of ±5 V bipolar, externally selectable. When the BLANK and CONVERT input is driven low, the three-state outputs will be open and a conversion will commence. Upon completion of the conversion, the DATA READY line goes low and the data appears at the output. Pulling the BLANK and CONVERT input high blanks the outputs and readies the device for the next conversion.
The AD571 executes a true 10-bit conversion with no missing codes in 40 ms maximum. The AD571 is available in two version for the 0°C to +70°C temperature range, the AD571J and K. The AD571S guarantees 10-bit accuracy and no missing codes from –55°C to +125°C.
Feature Of 10 Bit Analog To Digital Converter AD571
- Complete A/D Converter with Reference and Clock
- Fast Successive Approximation Conversion: 40 ms max
- No Missing Codes Over Temperature
0°C to +70°C: AD571K
–55°C to +125°C: AD571S
- Digital Multiplexing: Three-State Outputs
- 18-Pin Ceramic DIP
- Low Cost Monolithic Construction
Block Diagram Of 10 Bit Analog To Digital Converter AD571
Highlight Of 10 Bit Analog To Digital Converter AD571
- The AD571 is a complete 10-bit A/D converter. No external components are required to perform a conversion. Full-scale calibration accuracy of ±0.3% is achieved without external trims.
- The AD571 is a single chip device employing the most advanced IC processing techniques. Thus, the user has at his disposal a truly precision component with the reliability and low cost inherent in monolithic construction, 3. The AD571 accepts either unipolar (0 V to +10 V) or bipolar (–5 V to +5 V) analog inputs by grounding or opening a single pin.
- The device offers true 10-bit accuracy and exhibits no missing codes over its entire operating temperature range.
- Operation is guaranteed with –15 V and +5 V or +15 V supplies. The device will also operate with a –12 V supply.