Audio Amplifier With LM380
Aplication Of Audio Amplifier With LM380
Uses include simple phonograph amplifiers, intercoms, line drivers, teaching machine outputs, alarms, ultrasonic drivers, TV sound systems, AM-FM radio, small servo drivers, power converters, etc.
The LM380 is a power audio amplifier for consumer applications. In order to hold system cost to a minimum, gain is internally fixed at 34 dB. A unique input stage allows ground referenced input signals. The output automatically selfcenters to one-half the supply voltage. The output is short circuit proof with internal thermal limiting. The package outline is standard dual-in-line. The LM380N uses a copper lead frame. The center three pins on either side comprise a heat sink. This makes the device easy to use in standard PC layouts.
Features Of Audio Amplifier With LM380
- Wide supply voltage range: 10V-22V
- Low quiescent power drain: 0.13W (VS= 18V)
- Voltage gain fixed at 50
- High peak current capability: 1.3A
- Input referenced to GND
- High input impedance: 150kΩ
- Low distortion
- Quiescent output voltage is at one-half of the supply voltage
- Standard dual-in-line package